Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

On Christmas Eve we went to the NICU to pay a visit to some of our favorite nurses.  We were able to pass out Christmas cards and say hello, knowing that some people are working over the holidays and are taking care of precious little babies.  They loved seeing the little guy in his Santa hat.  We went home, put out cookies and milk for Santa and gave Edward a bath.  He was all decked out in his Christmas pajamas. 

Our first Christmas morning together was wonderful.  I have to say though, Christmas with a little one is exhausting!  It literally took us all day to open presents from Santa!  Edward loves to take his time opening presents, ripping the wrapping paper to shreds, rolling around in it, etc.   I opened the last few presents for him.  Edward must have been a good boy this year, because our house is now filled with toys and books!  Thank you Santa!

Edward was able to go to church for the first time yesterday.  We never brought him to mass because of germs, blah, blah, blah, and Michael and I have spent the last several months taking turns watching him, while one of us goes to church.  We decided that he HAS to go to Christmas mass.  We were so excited to show off our little one in church like most normal parents do.  He wore khaki pants, a white button down shirt with a red vest.  Unfortunately there are no pictures of this outfit because he peed all over himself before we took a picture!  However, he was as cute as can be, blowing bubbles the whole time and grabbing and playing with my necklace.  In fact he was so loud that Michael had to take him outside for majority of the mass.  I sat in the pew by myself. Haha.  So much for a family experience!  But, in any case, we felt......dare I say it..... normal?   And we are grateful for that experience. 

I asked Santa to bring Edward his two front teeth for Christmas, because this teething business is for the birds!  He has been crazy and fussy with swollen gums and he has been unable to sleep/nap soundly.  Finally this week, two bottom teeth appeared, and they are sharp!  He is much happier and so are we :)  Can you believe that Santa brought Edward a toothbrush?   He is so smart and thoughtful!

 Visiting Santa at the NICU.  Yes, Santa does visit the little babies too.....  typical Edward face....
 Ugh, I don't know about this guy..........
 Help me, help me, help me! I am scared..... get me off of his lap!
 About to go to bed on Christmas eve..... leaving out cookies and milk for the big guy.....
Wait.... chocolate chip?  GIVE ME THOSE COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment