Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainy Days

Rainy days make us a little stir crazy in this house.  When it rains it means no walks for me, Winston, or Eddie.  Thus, my two darling boys drive each other (and me) crazy!



Solution:  What do you do on a rainy day and you can't swim outside?  You have an indoor pool party of course!  Edward's physical therapist suggested I fill the pool with toys and pillows, so I took her suggestion a bit further....

                   "Mom, you are the coolest!" ( What I imagine he is saying to me)
                                                    Rolling around...... a.k.a. "splashing"
                          Wait, Mom, it is not nap time yet, I just have to get this one thing......
                                          I almost got it, I promise Mom, almost............
                                                                 GOT IT!!!!!!!!
                                                 I just wanted my football Mommy.....

BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Thank you Jen! Our "pool party" kept him busy for a long time.  I was even going to put his swimsuit on, and then I thought, "Okay crazy, calm yourself."  It is bad enough that I put his "friends"/ stuffed animals all around the pool.  Not exactly sure who had more fun yesterday......

Today I took Edward to the hospital for his 9:00 a.m. appointment for his CBC.  Sometimes, Mike can slip away from work and join me for this visit so I was not surprised when Michael's smirk greeted us as the elevator doors opened on the 4th floor only to tell me I was 6 minutes late.  Ahhhhhh. Punctuality..... is for the birds these days.... only 6 minutes late after a total bottle refusal and poopie diaper just as we were walking out the door?  I would call that a raging success.  His neutrophil count ended up being really low, 250.  We still have a week and a half for those darn neutrophils to rise up above 750, but it does mean that he is extremely susceptible to any infection, because the chemotherapy is doing its job but wiping out his immune system as well.

I realized on the way home from the hospital that we were out of coffee, and so I decided that since I already had Edward's entire breakfast and milk packed with me, we were going to Starbuck's for a breakfast date! I had my coffee and muffin and Edward sat happily in his stroller munching on about 100 cheerios.  I started to feed him his yogurt and this weird, creepy older man in his workout clothes/jumpsuit leaned over and said to me, " I wish someone would spoon feed me breakfast."  Ha... ha... ha... I awkwardly responded and looked away...and thought to myself, "Quick, exit stage left, let's get the heck out of here Eddie!" And I laughed all the way home thinking, no matter how serious, how stressful, or how awful life might seem at times, there are ALWAYS times for laughter!  WHAT A CREEP.  Edward and I are NEVER having a breakfast date at Starbuck's again.  Our front porch is just fine :)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT idea! I love the story about the creep... once, I had Isabella in the Bjorn at the store and a man made a comment about how he'd like to switch places and be carried smashed in a woman's chest. What possesses people?! Pervert:) We'll be praying for those neutrophils to get up good and high!!

    ReplyDelete