Thursday, September 4, 2014

1st Day of Nursery School

Eddie started nursery school this week, or 3 day pre-K, whichever you want to call it.  He did great, and even separated from me without a problem.  I was actually NOT that Mom sitting in the back of the classroom.  I was able to go to the coffee and donuts area with everyone else.  He seems so much more comfortable already, and it is so helpful that he loves his teacher Erin so much, and he had her last year as well.  His teacher gave us lots of helpful hints to use when we say goodbye, and we decided to use the phrase "See ya soon, racoon!"  Eddie thinks this is so funny.  So after he hangs up his backpack, washes his hands, signs in, and gives me a hug and a kiss, we say "See ya soon, racoon!"






Eddie and I snuck away to Georgia for a week before school started to visit with everyone.  Mike was working crazy hours in the CCU and so I booked last minute plane tickets to Augusta.  Eddie went swimming with his cousins, enjoyed playing football and wrestling with all of the boys, and enjoyed being treated and spoiled for a week.  We celebrated my birthday, stayed up way too late many nights, and loved hanging out with everyone.  Here are a few pictures.
 Pears picked from Granga's tree!
 A fun morning at Imagination Station.
 Loving this awesome backyard toy!
 Two peas in a pod.
 Mary Cate and Edward
 Is she cute, or what?
 Cameron and Eddie making bubble beards in the tubby.
 My birthday cake.

 I can't believe this lovely lady with be 90 years old this October.
 Love her outfits!
 Cousin Love
 What 3 year old orders a tomato juice on the plane?  
Taking pictures of himself the last 10 minutes before landing... DVD player was out of battery....

I can't believe it has been 2 years since he finished chemotherapy.

October 1st is his next eye exam in Philly with Dr. Shields.  If all goes well, we will be off to Disney World October 6th-12th for Edward's Make A Wish trip.  Yep, that's right, Eddie is getting his wish!  Aunt Annie nominated Eddie last year, and to our surprise, I received a phone call in March from a lady telling me that Edward met all qualifications, doctors papers were recieved, and he was going to get a wish.  Uh, what? Excuse me? I said.  The lady continued to say that he was nominated by Anne, um, Shelinsky?  I was so surprised and confused! And more surprised and elated!  And even more surprised and THANKFUL that my Aunt Anne took the time to do this for Eddie.  Every time I think about, I can't help but get teary eyed and emotional, and pretty much a total mess, because Eddie is so incredibly loved by so many.   I don't know any details yet, except the the dates.  We can't wait!  Eddie is going to have the time of his life.  Thank you Aunt Annie.

Until next time....... See ya soon, raccoon!







No comments:

Post a Comment